By definition, idle games are the sort where you can leave the gameplay mid-way and perform another job. It is a possible way to play games, and because of this reason, a lot of people are desire to play the game and compete intensifies. Therefore, one of the simplest yet most addictive games, Cookie Clicker, is the perfect idle game.
What is Cookie Clicker?
A big cookie with an aura-like background is placed on the left, a blank screen in the middle, and a purchase store on the right side. This is what Cookie Clicker looks like initially. As soon as you take the cursor onto the cookie, and click a few times, +1 point for each click rise over, like fumes from the cookie, and add up on the tab above; 4 cookies, it shows. And that is how Cookie Clicker, an idle game, is played. A lot of clicking on the cookie to earn points.
Where to find the game?
Cookie Clicker is a free game and is available online. You can easily access the game on the official website if you wish to play it on your PC. All you have to do it is look it up on the web browser, and the game is ready to be played.
About the gameplay
Cookie Clicker is an uncomplicated game, with only one main job; click on the cookie. There are a lot of alternatives and upgrades that can be unlocked to improve the clicking speed. These options are a blend of auto clickers that operate at different paces.
Here are the most significant Store options that’ll help you get farther in the game:
- After the first 15 manual clicks, a hand cursor tool in the Store is unlocked. You can purchase it using the earned cookie points. It is very efficient. However, the speed of the hand cursor is 0.1 cookies/sec.
- Once you have earned 100 cookies, the Grandma tool is unlocked. Grandma, a very old lady, can help you bake cookies at 1 cookie/sec speed. Even though slow, she, with a bunch of her same-age friends, makeup as a great backup for baking. All you have to do is purchase her and her friends. They may seem a little pricey for their age, initially.
- All the while you do the manual clicking and take help from the auto clickers, the Store unlocks upgrades for your manual clicks and the automatic cursor. These upgrades can serve as real boosters.
- There is also a Farm, Mines, Bank, and more, in the Store, and are helpful in the cookie baking business. However, these options are quite expensive and would require a good cookie count before you can activate these.
- Whenever you activate one of these tools, the middle screen shows the auto clickers at work. A separate section for Grandma(s) opens up as soon as you purchase one. Similarly, a section right below it will show the farm, factories, mines, etc.
- Other than these, there is also a section in the Store that lets you upgrade these tools. For instance, you can upgrade the clicking speed of the hand cursor, Grandma’s performance, Farm’s production capability, etc., by purchasing the upgrades.
Most importantly, even the upgrades require to be unlocked before activated for your cookie business.
Tips to achieve a high score, faster
Even though it is an easy game, Cookie Clicker can be made interesting by making some smart moves. After playing it several times, here are my findings and suggestions for my fellow idle game lovers:
- Don’t hold out on your cookie score for the bigger purchases. Just start with the most affordable and buy a lot of these. Hand cursors are amazingly effective, so buy as many as you can.
- Grandma gang must be extended. Even though they seem like a slowpoke, and the regular fun updates on your screen will make you feel bad about hiring the old ladies for the work, it is a good investment. Once you upgrade their performance levels, the cookie scores go up quickly.
- Have something else to do? Don’t worry. Leave the screen, possibly a tab that is visible at all times, and come back whenever you need to modify or purchase an upgrade.
- Upgrade as much as possible. It is the best way to score more since less purchasing cost means more cookie points. Also, it creates a high-speed clicking and an increased level of efficiency.
Tricks that’ll fail the gameplay tips
If you don’t mind a little bit of trickery, this section is for you. And the best thing, you have nothing to worry about except the cheat code below. This way you get access to a hefty lot of cookies which you can spend, as you may like. This one is probably the most helpful Cookie Clicker trick.
However, it is important to save the game progress before you go ahead. Here are the steps to save it:
- Start the Cookie Clicker game.
- Go to the Source Inspector option on the browser. Here is a bifurcation, depending upon your browser:
- Chrome: Right-click and choose Inspect.
- Internet Explorer: Right-click on the page and click on Inspect element.
- Firefox: Press Ctrl + ⇧ Shift + K.
- Now click on the Console tab over the Source Inspector box.
- Next just enter the “generate cookies” code, i.e., Game.Earn(number) and put the number of cookies you’d like to earn.
- Press Enter to run the code. Tada!! The number of cookies has been added to your score.
Using this method, you can buy whatever upgrade or auto-clicking option you’d like to try.
Here are some more interesting trick codes you can use to enjoy the game.
- Game.RuinTheFun(); – This will unlock and activate all the upgrades and building tools (farms, mine, etc.). It also adds a total of 999,999,999,999,999,999 cookies to the score.
- Game.cookies=number – This code will the balance to whatever number you’d choose. You can even decrease the score using this.
- Game.cookies=Infinity; – This code will update your current cookie score to unlimited. However, if you do not like it, you can undo the command using Game.cookies=0, in the console.
Cookie Clicker is one of the most popular and efficient idle games. Hoping you were able to learn something other than what you knew through this article. Go on now, bake some online cookies!!